Please note that the defined terms from the Insight terms and conditions apply here as they do in those terms.
A User’s use of the Website means that the User accepts, and agrees to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement Insight’s terms of website use.
1. Prohibited Uses
- 1.1. Users may use the Website only for lawful purposes. Users may not use the Website:
- 1.1.1. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- 1.1.2. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- 1.1.3. For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- 1.1.4. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with Insight’s content standards below.
- 1.1.5. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- 1.1.6. To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- 1.2 Users also agree:
- 1.2.1. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of Insight’s terms of website use.
- 1.2.2 Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- 220.127.116.11. any part of the Website;
- 18.104.22.168. any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- 22.214.171.124. any software used in the provision of the Website; or
- 126.96.36.199. any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
2. Interactive Services
- 2.1. Insight may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including, without limitation chat rooms and bulletin boards ("interactive services").
- 2.2. Where Insight does provide any interactive service, Insight will provide clear information to the User about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
- 2.3. Insight will use reasonable endeavours to assess any possible risks for Users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Website, and Insight will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, Insight are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service Insight provide on the Website, and Insight expressly excludes its liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a User in contravention of Insight’s content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- 2.4. Where Insight does moderate an interactive service, Insight will normally provide the User with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
3. Content Standard
- 3.1. These content standards apply to any and all material which Users contribute to the Website ("contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it. Users must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- 3.2. Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts, be genuinely held (where they state opinions), and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- 3.3. Contributions must not:
- 3.3.1. Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- 3.3.2. Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- 3.3.3. Promote sexually explicit material.
- 3.3.4. Promote violence.
- 3.3.5. Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- 3.3.6. Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- 3.3.7. Be likely to deceive any person.
- 3.3.8. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- 3.3.9. Promote any illegal activity.
- 3.3.10. Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- 3.3.11. Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- 3.3.12. Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent Users’ identity or affiliation with any person.
- 3.3.13. Give the impression that they emanate from Insight, if this is not the case.
- 3.3.14. Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
4. The information Insight collects and how Insights uses it
- 4.1. When a User pays a Subscription Fee to access the Restricted Access Areas Insight needs to know the primary user’s name, company name (if applicable), company postal address, e-mail address, credit card number details and a telephone number for the primary user at the Users’ organisation with whom Insight can correspond.
- 4.2. Insight gathers this information to allow it to process Users’ registration, process any orders Users may make and identify the User of the Website, the times of access to the Website and the pages visited. The relevant information is then used by Insight, Insight’s agents and sub-contractors to provide Users with statements of their accounts and to communicate with Users on any matter relating to the conduct of Users’ account and the provision of the service in general.
- 4.3. Insight may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help Insight develop the Website and Insight’s services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. From time to time Insight may provide Users’ information to Insight’s customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that Insight can monitor and improve the services Insight provide.
- 4.4. Insight or Insight’s agents and sub-contractors may contact Users by post, e-mail or telephone to ask Users for their feedback and comments on Insight’s services. Insight may also wish to provide Users with information about special features of the Website or any other service or products Insight thinks may be of interest to Users. If Users would rather not receive this information, please send a blank e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.1. Insight may use certain technology (known as “cookies”) to track the use of the Website by Users. The purpose of this is to improve the functionality of the Website and make Users’ experience of the service as enjoyable as possible.
- 5.2. Cookies enable Insight to identify Users when Users visit the Website. It is possible for the User to modify its website browser to disable this function, and if Users require any further information on how to do this, Users should consult the supplier of the browser software or the User’s manual for the same.
- 5.3. Insight may use an independent research company to analyse data collected on the Website and report on the patterns of use of the Website. The data provided to such research company will be non-personal data.
6. How Insight protect Users’ information
The internet is not a secure medium. However Insight has put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. Insight also keeps Users’ information confidential. The internal procedures of Insight covers the storage, access and disclosure of Users’ information.
7. Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business, Users’ details may be disclosed to Insight’s advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
8. Updating Users’ details
If any of the information that Users have provided to Insight changes, for example if Users change their e-mail addresses, names or payment details or if Users wish to cancel their registration, please let Insight know the correct details by sending a letter to the address given at clause 1.2 of the Terms.
Insight may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. Users are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on Users. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Website.
10. Users’ consent
11. How to contact Insight